Sunday, October 9, 2011

sugoi toire (Special: My Potty!!)

So, finally, the promised low down on Japanese toilets. There really isn't much to say. I think I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. IThe top picture is of "my" toilet (who I see 3 times a day). My toilet is a beautiful shade of maroon, and has all the necessary buttons (large or small flush, various spray options, etc.). The second one was at another house, and has a strange device at the top that poors water whenever the toilet is flushed. Why? Someone will one day tell me.


What exactly does NG stand for? Perhaps "No Go."



At any rate, stand facing the flusher (or rather, squat). Actually, I rather like these toilets better than the normal kind. There is no sitting, either, so no need to cover the seat.



They use magical non-foaming soap here. I think it's real. I am not sure....



If you really need to "use the restroom" in Japan, look for a rest station. Unlike American rest stations, these include various shops and stores for gifts, food, and dinner, restaraunts, coffee shops, and a place to park. There is also a five star bathroom, kept conspicuously well-lit and clean (and shiny), stocked with fresh flowers, 20-30 stalls (western and Japanese style), and many mirrors.



Just saying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment